NATIONAL BESTSELLERFrom the host of Netflix's Emily's Wonder Lab and FOX's Xploration Outer Space comes a book featuring 50 experiments that introduce the wonders of science to the whole family.
MIT engineer Emily Calandrelli shares the science behind each experiment while showing you where to find STEAM concepts in the world around you. You'll learn how to think like a scientist with Make a Hypothesis! and Try This! prompts, where you can experiment within the experiment.
With Calandrelli's expert guidance, illustrations throughout, and easy-to-find grocery items, you can make:
- An alien hovercraft to learn how an air hockey table works
- Glow-in-the-dark paint to learn about ultraviolet light
- Delicious ice cream to learn about supercooling
- Oobleck to learn why ketchup is so hard to get out of the bottle
Grab your goggles and a family member to get started on a journey to spark curiosity, critical thinking, and fun family times!
SUPER FUN SCIENCE EXPERIMENT BOOK: With chapters like Magic Tricks, Kitchen Science, and Fun with Physics, this book is packed with experiments that will delight little scientists and their lab assistants.
FOR SCIENCE KIDS & NON-SCIENCE KIDS: For anyone who loves to try out kitchen science or STEM experiments at home, this book is brimming with ideas. Bill Nye the Science Guy says, "Here are 50, count 'em, 50 home experiments you can count on. Each is a crowd, or home experimenter, pleaser."
GREAT FOR SCIENCE FAIR & HOMESCHOOL CURRICULUM: A must-have for parents and homeschool educators! Colorful illustrations accompany every experiment, along with instructions and materials you'll need to get started, sections to record notes, and real-life examples connecting your STEAM experiment to the world around you. There are also fascinating facts about important people to know in science history.
- Fans of Emily Calandrelli and her TV popular shows and Instagram
- Kids and families who love to have fun with science
- Birthday, Christmas, Chanukah, graduation, or summer activity gift for young learners
- Readers of books about important women in science and popular best sellers like Ada Twist, Scientist and Emily Calandrelli's Ada Lace Adventure series
“Emily is the science teacher we all wish we had as young kids.” —Common Sense Media
"Here are 50, count ‘em, 50 home experiments you can count on. Each is a crowd, or home experimenter, pleaser. Emily wrote this book for kids of all ages, and it’s full of references to women who changed the world—with science. It doesn’t matter where you start; be curious; open to any page; take some notes; Emily will keep you exploring." —Bill Nye, Science Educator, CEO, The Planetary Society