Out of stock. Available to order.
The all-in-one business law book
Whether you're just starting a small business, or your business is already up and running, legal questions crop up on an almost daily basis. Ignoring them can threaten your enterprise--but hiring a lawyer to help with routine issues can devastate the bottom line.
The Legal Guide for Starting & Running a Small Business has helped more than a quarter million entrepreneurs and business owners master the basics, including how to:
- raise start-up money
- decide between an LLC or other business structure
- save on business taxes
- get licenses and permits
- choose the right insurance
- negotiate contracts and leases
- avoid problems if you're buying a franchise
- hire and manage employees and independent contractors
- attract and keep customers (and get paid on time), and
- limit your liability and protect your personal assets.
Whether you're a sole proprietor or an LLC or corporation, or a one-person business operating out of your home, or a company with a large staff leasing space, this book will help you start and run a successful business.
The 16th edition is completely updated with the latest legal information and tax rules for small businesses under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.