From bestselling author of Making Friends with Anxiety and One Moment, One Morning comes a clear and comforting little book to guide you as your body changes through the menopause.
Written with Sarah Rayner's trademark warmth and humour, this new edition of Making Friends with the Menopause has been updated to reflect the latest National Institute for Health and Care guidelines on diagnosis and management of the menopause. Together with Dr Patrick Fitzgerald, she explores why stopping menstruating causes such profound chemical changes in the body, leading us to react in a myriad of ways physically and mentally.
There is practical advice on hot flushes and night sweats, anxiety and mood swings, muscular aches and loss of libido, early-onset menopause, hysterectomy and more, plus a simple explanation of each stage of the menopause so you'll know what to expect in the years before, during and after. You'll find details of the treatment options available and their pros and cons, together with tips and insights from women keen to share their wisdom on a subject many still find hard to talk about. Whether you're worried about feeling invisible, weight gain or loss of fertility, or simply want to take care of yourself well, knowledge is power, and Making Friends with the Menopause will give you a greater understanding of the process, so you can enjoy your body and your sexuality as you age.
* From the author of the international bestselling novel One Moment, One Morning
* And the word-of-mouth success Making Friends with Anxiety, a warm, supportive book to ease worry and panic
* Includes advice on all the major health issues that can arise as a result of hormone change
* Thoroughly researched and bang-up-to-date
* Includes traditional and complementary medicine
* Gives guidance on how to get the most from your GP appointments and finding good alternative practitioners
* Useful links throughout, plus details of helplines and recommended reads * Fully illustrated with photographs by the author
* Ongoing online support group available
PRAISE FOR MAKING FRIENDS WITH ANXIETY 'Simple, lucid advice on how to accept your anxiety' Matt Haig, bestselling author of Reasons to Stay Alive 'Reads like chatting with an old friend; one with wit, wisdom and experience' Brighton and Hove Independent
PRAISE FOR SARAH RAYNER:
'Explores an emotive subject with great sensitivity' Sunday Express
'Brilliant... Warm and approachable' Essentials
'Carefully crafted and empathetic' The Sunday Times